This is the privacy notice of Nepal Property Bazaar Ltd (“NPB”). In this document, “we” or “us” refers to Nepal Property Bazaar.
We are a private company registered in Nepal.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. We will only provide your details to our other customers with your authorization. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
- Basic identification and contact information
This information is used:
- 1.1. to provide you with the services which you request.
- 1.2. for verifying your identity for security purposes.
- 1.3. for marketing our services and products.
- Market place information When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to use service offered on our web site by some other person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
- Your domain name and e-mail address are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- 3.1. to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
- 3.2. in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site.
- 3.3. to tell you about other of our services.
- Information you post on our website and Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use of that information except to allow it to be read.
- During the online payment procedure, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal or some other reputable payment service provider. That page may be dressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it. We do not handle information about your credit card.
- Business and personal information This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy. We keep information which forms part of our business record for a minimum of two years.
- Sending a message to our support system When you send a message, we collect the data you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business / organisation. We may keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name or email address.
- Complaining When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
- Third party content Our web site is a publishing medium that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
- 12.1. to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- 12.2. to operate favourite listings.
- 12.3. to operate compare listings.
- 12.4. to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- 12.5. to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- 12.6. to record your activity during a web cast. For example, as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- 12.7. to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for a period of time after which it will delete automatically.
- 12.8. to enable you to watch the videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
- Job application and employment If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to one years in case we decide to contact you at a later date. If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for two years before destroying or deleting it.
- If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, you have no control whatsoever as to how it is used.
- We pass your email address, phone numbers and name to other customers with your authorisation.
- We obtain your Information from third parties software to Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Facebook and others.
- Affiliate information This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
- Disclosure to Government and their agencies We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- Review or update personally identifiable information At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you by contacting us.
- Sale of your personal information Except as specified above, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
- Data is “processed” worldwide. Our web sites are hosted in the EU. We also use outsourced services in countries outside Nepal from time to time in other aspects of our business
- Compliance with the law This confidentiality policy has been compiled so as to comply with the law of every jurisdiction in which we aim to do business. If you think it fails to satisfy the law of your country, we should like to hear from you, but ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.